Wednesday, August 18, 2010

chapter fourty-five ;

Graduation.

YAY ME!

Not.

I sat in front of the mirror at a hair salon, watching the hair dresser curl my hair for me. My eyes were done up with gold eye shadow, false lashes, mascara, alonge pink lip gloss and bronzer.  My hair was finally set into perfect curls. I looked so together. But inside, I was slowly dying.

I hated lying to my mom. She knew nothing about Brent. Here I was, wearing his engagment ring to bed, and hiding it under my pillow in my room during the day. Leaving the house to phone him, lying that I was texting Jonny, but in reality, I was texting Brent. I did miss him. But this time apart was good. Made me realize there will be times when we were apart. It was healthy.


"Ally are you ready?"

I nodded as I zipped up my bright red grad gown. I placed the stupid cap on my head as we headed into the gym. Our two valedictorians stood up and talked about our last 4 years here, and how they would miss it. I rolled my eyes. I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of here.

My heart was beating in my throat as I heard my name get called. I stood up, I felt all their eyes falling on me as I went on the stage. The bright lights were blinding me. Seriously after 4 years of hell, these 30 seconds were the worst of the bunch. I shook my Dean's hand, camera's flashed everywhere as most of the gym clapped. I faked a smile as I glanced into my Dean's eyes before I headed back off the stage ... I swore I saw Brent in the crowd.

"Oh congrats sweetie!" My mom beams and she pulls me into a hug.

"Thanks mom."

"Good job, pookie." My dad says as he squeezes me.

"Thank you daddy. I'm just gunna go find Gina and Christina. They said they were here."

I wondered around and I finally saw them. They congratulated me with open arms. I couldn't believe it was all over. I was done. Brent was going to be here in a matter of 2 weeks. Then we were off to Chicago after the Olympics. Life was amazing right now.

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, I was expecting it to be one of my professors or a classmate wanting to say goodbye. I turned around and I let out some unrealistic squeal. It was Brent. I jumped into his arms and he spun me around.

"What are you doing here?"

"Didn't you know we play the Canucks tonight?"

"Uhm, obviously not! I was just so busy with school. Wow. I can't believe you're here." I replied as I kissed his cheek.

"You think I'd miss my fiancee's graduation? Think again!"

"I love you baby."

"I love you too."

He puts me down and gently kisses me again. As I open my eyes, I see Johnny standing beside Brent. I run over and hug him. Brent leaves us alone cause Duncan and Sharpie were all also here, so he went to talk to them, and stay away from my parents as much as possible.

"Congrats Ally, this is quite an accomplishment."

"Coming from a boy who got arrested for partying in college, thank you." I chuckle.

"You'll never let me live that down, will you?"

"Not at all."

Jonny's smile drops as he reaches for my hand. He runs over my ring with the pad of his thumb. He looks diminished. I don't know why. He was the one that let me go.

"I can't believe you two are getting married."

"It's not gunna be for another year or two."

He just nods and lets go of my hand.

"Jon, what is this about?"

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"It's something. I can tell." I replied with tear-filled eyes. He wasn't budging. He was so fucking frustrating.

"Just drop it!" He snapped.

"Are you kidding me? Jonny, you look like something's killing you right now. What is it?"

He forcefully grabbed me and pressed his warm lips on to mine. A surge went from the tips of my toes to the crown of my skull in that split second. He was thrown off me and a punch was made across his face. I screamed in horror as Jon fell to the ground. Brent's calling him every name under the sun right now. I'm shaking. A crowd forms. He's really done it this time.

"BRENT STOP IT!" I screamed grabbing him off of Jon.

"What the fuck is your problem Tazer? Really? You two aren't together. We are!"

"YOU WHAT?!" My mom shrieked.

I looked over at her as the tears fell down my cheeks, "I'm sorry mom, I tried to tell you."

Just like that ... she wore every inch of disappiontment on her face as she turned around and left the now overpopulated crowd. It was silent. Over 300 people just saw my Fiancee beat up the man I once loved. Well you know what they say, when you got out, you have to go out in style.

1 comment:

  1. awww, 1. love the song at the start. 2. brent is amazing. 3. jonny back off. 4. i love you for life. amazing as per usual but this was killer lol loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete