Wednesday, August 4, 2010

chapter fourty-two ;

Take me, show me the corners of your empty room, the trouble we could get into, just fake it for me, disregard the footsteps and we'll never tell a soul. Like a weightless currency, your words don't mean shit to me. Tonight I'm finding a way to make the things that you say, just a little less obvious. You've got me fucked up and so, you talk like you're famous, you're shameless

The sound of Metric blasted through the speakers in the living room as I lied on the floor, blowing bubbles with my gum and reading a Bridal Today magazine. I know, I'm looking at wedding dresses already. It may be a huge no-no, but, I was doing it anyways.

"I need a change." I groaned.

Gina and Christina flew into Chicago for the rest of their Christmas break since they're still going to school in Vancouver. They were a little shocked about the news about me being engaged to Brent so soon after Jon left me. I don't know. Everytime I think of it, I get nauseous. I felt like I was disappointing everyone.

"Like what?"

"I don't know. I look boring." I sigh as I put my long hair into a pony tail. "I'll phone Diana - Hossa's fiance, maybe she can come over and dye my hair for me. She's a hairstylist after all."

I phoned her up and she had an opening to let me go see her in 20 minutes to get my hair done. Before we headed out, I went to use the bathroom. As I was washing my hands, I stared at the long wild length of my hair. It was down to my elbows, and was a mess. I never took a second thought - cause I grabbed a pair of scissors from the drawer and chopped it off.

I slid my hair out of the ponytail, and shook it. It now hit just below my shoulders by an inch or two. I loved it. I tossed my hair into the garbage quickly and left the room. I grabbed my purse and headed back into the living room.

"So, you guys ready to go?"

They both turned around and Gina shrieked, "ALLY, WHAT THE HELL?"

"What? I like it."

"You're insane." Christina added.

"I know that much is true."

I found myself looking at my reflection as I waited for Diana to walk back over to me with the mixed up hair dye. Light brown with blonde highlights. That's what I wanted.

And that's what I got.

She ended up fixing my lopsided hair cut and layered it for me, also giving me sideswept bangs. The finish product was amazing. I looked like a new person.

"Brent's not going to be able to take his eyes or hands off of you. You look amazing." Diana said after I paid her.

"I hope so. I really like it. Thank you."

We said our goodbyes and I walked over to the Nordstrom that Gina and Christina went into. Before I went to find them, I found myself in the clothing section, staring at a black cropped leather jacket. I grabbed my size, and picked up a black and white striped V-neck T-shirt to go with it. What was wrong with me? What was making me change myself?

"OH MY GOD ALLY! YOU LOOK AMAZING!"

They loved my hair after all. I had to admit, I felt like a new person. Like all the baggage I had with Brent before, and Jon was gone. Sounds a little unrealistic calling my haircut a drama remover, but it's true.

We left the store and headed back over to Brent's place to change. The hawks had a game against the Red Wings tonight and we were lucky enough to get seats together for the game at such short notice.

I tore open my bag and put on the shirt, the jacket, and matched them off with a pair of black leggings and my grey uggs. I applied a thicker layer of eyeliner to my eyes, changed my nose stud, and fluffed up my hair a little before we left.

"Brent is not gunna recognize you at all." Christina said after the game. The boys won in a shootout, thanks to Sharpie, Bolland and Kaner.

"That's the plan."

The girls went into the dressing room as I got a call from my parents. Saying they were coming into town tomorrow. Well, that's just great. I had my back to the dressing room as I shoved my phone into my purse.

"Can I help you?"

I smirked again, it was Brent's voice. I slowly turned around as I watched his jaw drop to the ground and his eyes wondered aimlessly.

"Hey baby!"

"How, when ... jesus fucking christ." was all he spat out.

I giggled as he pressed me against the wall and kissed me. His hands gripped onto my sides and I tugged on his tie.

"You look ... fucking amazing. As if you couldn't get more beautiful. You prove me wrong." He says as he pulls away from my lips. I stare into his comet-like eyes as he brushes my hair from my face. "I can't wait to make you my wife."

Before I could respond, Sharp, Eager, Burish, Steeger and Jonny walked out of the room.

"BRENT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? ALLY IS GOING TO KILL ... holy shit, Ally?" Patrick gasped.

"That's what they call me."

"Dear god, she's hot." Eager commented, making me roll my eyes.

"Ally, you look incredible." Jon quietly said. I felt my face burn up and I stuttered a thank you to him.

"Look, I'm gunna go and see my brother. I won't be long." I say as I head into the dressing room.

*Brent's POV*


"Brent, she looks ... I don't even know. Like a model or something." Burish commented.

I shook my head. I was wondering if it was a dream. The girl I once knew had long brown wavy hair, now she had cropped light brown hair. I know women change their hair, but dear god, that was a bit drastic. Even though, she looked really hot, and I couldn't wait to have her later - it was gunna take a while to get used to.

"Dude, I don't mean to be a bother, but I remember hearing that when woman change their hair drastically it means their going through a hard time in their life. Is everything okay?" Patrick said.

"I don't know. But I'm going to find out."

3 comments:

  1. Uh oh, I smell trouble!!! Great update, I can't wait for more

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy...here comes the dramaaa. Love it as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaa! i just switched up my massively long hair too! love the story, hope everythings good with them though! <3

    ReplyDelete