Wednesday, May 26, 2010

chapter five ;

"You love me for who I am, like the stars hold the moon, right there where the belong, and I know I'm alone. When my world is falling apart, when there's no light to break up the dark, that's when I look at you."

Brent and I walked down the scorching road, side by side down to his new house. I couldn't believe that he had moved here. I mean why? He's only a two hour drive away from here in the first place. Whatever his heart wants, I guess.

He lead me up his driveway and I took in the layout of his place. It was brand new, of course. This house was up for sale for months, I remember the days when they were just digging the dirt up, now it's his place. Just a little surreal if you asked me.

His house was one floor, but it looked right onto the lake like ours did. It had a californian vibe to it. The inside was painted a deep brown with wooden flooring, granite marble tops, and it was beautiful. He didn't have much furniture in it yet, but that was obvious. He grabbed us two budlight limes and we headed out onto his patio.

"So, what made you want to live up here?" I asked him.

"I just liked coming up here as a kid. My dad would bring us up here for camping, fishing and stuff. Then playing against the rockets in junior, I came here a lot. I just love the vibe of this place."

"Yeah, it's beautiful." I replied looking out onto the lake.

We talked for a bit, sharing other dreams we may have had and what he expected coming into the next season. His smile was totally captivating me, I felt like I couldn't even breathe when he looked at me. What was Duncan's problem? He was totally harmless ..

He shifted his seat closer to mine, lightly brushing my jaw line with his finger. My breath was growing shaky, and he noticed. It felt like the world was standing still. He shifted his face closer to mine, almost to the point that our lips were touching - but then his phone went off.

"fuck." he muttered before he grabbed his phone off the table. I let out a nervous sigh and ran my fingers through my hair. Typical habit for me. I watched him intently as his face was serious, then that childish grin appeared on his face yet again. "Yeah, for sure. Thanks for the news."

"What was that about?"

His green eyes were beaming as he looked over at me, and he rested his hand on my lap. "That was my agent, and I've been invited for the orienteering camp for Team Canada."

"Like, for the Olympics?"

"Yes."

I let out some shriek of excitement, shot out of my seat and right into his arms. He gripped onto my sides. I was happy for him, he was amazing enough in his play to play for our country. It made me wonder if Dunc's got a call. I wouldn't be shocked. They were one of the best defensive pairs out there.

I pulled away from his neck and brushed my mouth against his, my lips began to tingle as his lips moved perfectly with mine. I breathlessly pulled away from him, the heat of the sun wasn't helping my already burning skin.

"So what happens now?"

"I go to Calgary at the end of August for about a week. So, at least we get two full months together."

I smiled and sat back in my chair. I could hear Duncan's voice in my head about he didn't want me being hurt over this. But two months, it doesn't seem like that long. It would be over before it even began.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww great update!! I keep falling in love with this story every time I read it! I can't wait for more. I think it's pretty obvious one won't go without the other hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwe. those two are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww love love love this!! this has become my #1 story this summer. keep it up, you're amazing! love!!!!

    ReplyDelete