Tuesday, May 25, 2010

chapter four ;

I don't mean to run, but everytime you come around, I Feel more alive, than ever. I guess it's too much, maybe we're too young, and I don't even know whats real. But I Know I've never wanted anyone so bad. If I let you love me, be the one adored, would you go all the way? Be the one I'm looking for?

When I woke up the next morning, I had a perfect wave to my hair from getting knocked into the lake. Damn you Brent. I trudged into the bathroom, washed my face, left it make up free, put on a white cami and black shorts and headed downstairs.

"Hey big brother." I beamed as I grabbed an apple from the counter.

"You're awfully cheery, it's disgusting actually. What's up?"

I shrugged as I took the sticker off the apple and planted it on his hand. "Nodda. I had a good night last night."

"You and Brent seemed to hit it off"

"He's cool, I guess." I bit my lip, that was a total understatement

"Ally, I don't want you getting involved with him."

"Duncs, I'm 22. You're not dad, stop bossing me around." I sneered through a clenched jaw.

"Fine. But once he leaves at the end of the summer, I don't want you crying to me."

He got up from the table and left me standing in the middle of the kitchen. I groaned, he was right. Maybe it would just summer fling or something. No emotions, no strings attached, nothing. But the attachment I felt in my heart, it felt like more than that. I wanted it to be more than that.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, I pulled it out and it was text from Brent.

"Hey, you busy tonight?"

"No, why?"

"I wanna take you out for dinner."

"I'm not busy right now. Wanna hang out?"

"Sure, I'll be right over."

I could feel that stupid smile growing on my face yet again. I finished up my breakfast and headed into the living room. Duncan was planted on the couch, so being the antagonizing sister I was, I sat right on his stomach.

"Oh, dude. This would've been okay if you were like, 8 years old." He groaned.

"Deal with it." I spat back, looking at the TV. He was watching a Blue Jays game. We weren't really huge baseball fans, but, if it was the only thing on, we watched it. "Oh, I'm going out with Brent tonight."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I said as I heard a knock on the door. "Actually, that's him now. Later!" I got off his chest and slid my flip flops on.

"So, what am I supposed to do today?" He pouted.

"You'll figure out, bye brother!"

I swung the door open and my breath got stuck in my throat. Today Brent had on a black Chicago cubs t-shirt on and white board shorts, with black flip flap. Man, he was 500 kinds of adorable.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Seabs!!! I love this story! Great update, they always have me begging for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww cute!!! love it! can't wait to have more!!

    ReplyDelete