Saturday, May 22, 2010

chapter two ;

Soooo, I got some quick feedback on the first chapter. Yeah, it was short, but, I'm not into writing long chapters. So I hope to get more followers since some of my comments came from non followers. Thanks guys!
--------------
Boys break their necks trying to creep a little sneak peek. California girls, we're unforgettable. Daisy dukes, bikini's on top. Sun kissed skin, so hot, it will melt your popsicle.

After an hour or two running around town with Duncan, we made it home. He said hello to our parents, who were relieved that he was home. So was I. I had a feeling it would be a good summer.

Everyone helped get everything ready for later on. I had never seen so much food in my entire life. Well, then again, we were feeding a bunch of hockey players. I headed up to my room and changed into something cooler. I put on a black bikini and a short yellow sundress over it. I ran my brush through my long brown hair and headed back downstairs.

Being around Duncan's teammates was always awkward. They were big, strong, and intimating. They always looked at you like you were a piece of meat.

"Ally, why don't you invite some of your friends over." My mom asked as I cutting up an onion.

"I suppose I could do that," I muttered fetching my iPhone off the counter and texting my best friend Stephanie. Maybe if she was here, it wouldn't be so bad.

I heard her Honda Civic pull up to the driveway moments later, and she fed herself through the crowd with my three other friends, Gabriella, Christina and Gina.

We grabbed a few beers and headed out to the dock. The beauty of our house was that it was right on the lake. The sun was setting and the sky was set a golden, pink tone. Kenny Chesney was being blared over the crowd. I smiled. This is what summer should be.

"Do you guys want another one?" I suggested as I got up. They nodded and I headed back into the house.

As I got into the house there was someone already fishing through the fridge. I couldn't tell who it was, but he was really tall. Just then, the door closed, and I was met with two bright eyes.

"Holy shit, I didn't see you there." He replied, with a little jump in his voice.

"I .. uh .. it's kinda hard when you're poking through my fridge."

"Ah, you must be Ally. Duncan's sister." he replied.

"What makes you think that?"

He smirked, "the attitude, it's exactly like his."

"And you are ...?"

"Brent Seabrook."

Whoa. This was Brent? I mean, I had seen pictures of him before, and Duncan spoke about him in countless conversations. He looked so different without his gear on.

I was completely transfixed by him. My feet felt stuck, and I lost simple skills, like to shake his hand hello, or even smile back. I kept staring into his eyes, and he didn't seem to mind.

"Ah, Ally, I see you met Brent."

Big brother saves the day.

"Uh, yeah, I did." I stuttered, looking at my feet, my cheeks were growing hot.

"Well, get used to seeing him around. He just bought a place down the road for the offseason."

Seriously?

I headed back down to where my girls where, my face was beyond flushed. I sat on the dock and began to down my beer, causing a few confused looks.

"Are you okay?" Steph asked.

"I just met Seabrook."

"Is that bad?" Gina butted in.

"He's intimating, the way he looked at me .."

"Aw, I think someone has a crush on him."

I didn't respond to their comments. I fixated my eyes over to where he was. He was sitting with Toews and Sharp, talking about, god knows what. He had board shorts on and a white reebok shirt. i mean, in a dorky kind of way, he was attractive. Why was I reacting so much over him?

3 comments:

  1. awww hahaha! love it! awkward moments are so sweet sometimes! love it!! more please! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Seabs, how's it going Seabs?? I love this story!! Great update

    ReplyDelete
  3. id say someones lovestuck.

    ReplyDelete